Volunteers of the Family International initiated the following seminars in Bucharest:
- An Anti-Vice Seminar was held at the Sports School Number 190, in cooperation with the proximity police officers of Sector 4, the schools in the city of Voluntari and Jilava Penitentiary.
- An "Anti-Violence Week" Seminar was held in Special School No. 6, together with the proximity police of Sector 4.
- In March a two-day seminar was presented to the educators and caregivers at the Urziceni Children's Social Center on the topics of "The Call of a Teacher" and "Love Finds a Way."
- In May a second two-day seminar was presented to the educators and caregivers at the Urziceni Children's Social Center on the topic of "Unconditional Love and Acceptance" and "Caring for Children with Special Behavioral Needs."
Helping Inmates in Penitentiaries
Since 2003 we have been assisting the authorities at several penitentiaries. Following are some highlights for the last two years:
- 2008 – In March we participated in the national "Anti-Violence Week" by holding a seminar against domestic violence at Jilava Penitentiary, which was filmed and later shown to the rest of the 2,500 inmates over the internal TV network.
- 2008 – Our children's singing and dancing group performed at Easter to a select audience. The show was filmed and later aired for the rest of the inmates.
- 2008 – The "Right to Be Parents" Seminar was presented to the inmates of the Jilava Penitentiary on the topic of being responsible parents.
- 2009 – We organized a visit to the Targsor penitentiary for Women for Women's Day. The program consisted of motivational PowerPoint presentations and a musical performance by our children. Each of the women received flowers and an inspirational magazine dedicated to women, along with a Women's Day greeting card.
At these seminars we distributed over 4,000 inspirational magazines containing useful counsel on the different topics presented.
Originally Published in 2009.