We believe that children are priceless treasures and gifts from God. As Christians, we consider that human life is sacred, and that every child is a unique being, worthy of respect and dignity. Children are meant to be loved and cherished and to grow up in a healthy, happy environment. Every child deserves a bright future—one of hope and opportunity.
We believe that every child has the right:
- To be loved, cherished, and supported
- To be treated with respect and dignity
- To receive responsible care and to be handled with kindness
- To be encouraged and nurtured emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually
- To have their physical needs adequately met, including nutrition, housing, and medical care
- To receive a good education that provides competence and empowers them to be self-sufficient
- To be taught good values and morals to guide them in life
- To learn about God’s personal love and care for them
- To be taught boundaries and self-discipline
- To be empowered to realize their full potential
- To be prepared for the responsibilities and challenges of adulthood
- To develop their individuality
- To be treated fairly and justly, without discrimination
- To be in a safe environment; to be protected from harm and danger.
Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord.—The Bible
Protection and Care of Children
Every child is precious in God’s eyes and deserves quality and responsible care, and to be loved, nurtured, protected, and enabled to develop their full potential. The Family International is committed to promoting the importance of children’s development in a healthy, happy, loving, safe, caring environment where their needs—physical, spiritual, intellectual, educational, and emotional—are amply met.
Our profound respect for children—and the importance of their care and upbringing—is an integral part of our beliefs. (See The Family International’s Child Protection Policy.)
Motivational and Humanitarian Programs
Members around the world have engaged in a variety of character-building and motivational programs for children and youth, and have also conducted child-rearing and parenting seminars for parents and educators.
Members have also engaged in programs for disadvantaged children, including building schools in depressed areas; material and humanitarian aid; programs in juvenile detention centers and orphanages; vocational training for children with disabilities; medical assistance and healthcare programs. (For more details, please see our Worldwide Work page.)
We consider that it is the God-given responsibility of every Christian parent to impart to their children a deep appreciation, respect, and love for God and His Word and the sacred principles contained in it.
The Family International produces a variety of devotional and educational publications and podcasts for children. These present character-building lessons in ways that appeal to youth. (See My Wonder Studio .)
We believe that every child has the right to receive an education that empowers them to realize their full potential. Every child should have the opportunity to grow up to become a well-adjusted adult with a foundation in faith and good ethics, having received an education that enables him or her to be competent in life and to contribute positively to society.
Homeschooling was a common method of education for many members over the past 30 years. The Family International also specialized in early-childhood education, and produced numerous in-house publications, Christian books, videos, and teaching aids for this level of education.